Windows 10 keeps on providing updates, every now and then, to fix the errors and bugs. But this can also happen when you are trying to do the update, windows 10 update 0x8024a105 may arise. This error can be caused due to incorrect installation or due to a virus or corrupted and missing files. The occurrence of this error may stop the update from getting completed.
There are several solutions that we can try to fix the error code 0x8024a105. Here you will find a list of troubleshooting methods that you can try one by one and check what works for you.
1. Reboot the PC
Sometimes, rebooting the PC is the best thing one can do to resolve the error with windows 10 0x8024a105. To do this, go to the ‘Start’ menu and reboot your device. Thereafter, try to run the Windows Update again. If the error is still there, proceed to the next method.
2. Switch the Network
Next, you can check if there is a problem with the internet connection. You need to make sure that it is providing adequate signal strength and there are no errors with it. If there is a problem, then switch to a better network. After you have switched the connection, try to update the Windows again.
3. Windows Update Troubleshooter
Running a Windows troubleshooter may prove helpful in fixing the Windows update error 0x8024a105. Here are the steps to be followed to run the troubleshooter:
· From the start menu, look for the Windows Update settings.
· From there proceed towards the ‘Troubleshoot’ section.
· Look for the Windows Update troubleshooter, click it and select ‘Run the Troubleshooter’.
· The troubleshooter will start looking for the issues and will find the solutions as well. It can even fix the error 0x8024a105.
· Once it ends the process, try updating the Windows again and see if the error has disappeared.
4. Reset Software Distribution Folder
The software distribution folder can also be responsible for issues regarding the Windows update and resetting the same can even help in fixing the 0x8024a105 error. The Software Distribution Folder is a component of Windows Update and to reset it, apply the steps below:
· After launching the Command Prompt, run it as administrator.
· Write down the following commands one by one in the command prompt:
· net stop bits
· net stop wuauserv
· Look for the Software Distribution Folder on the computer. You can even look for the same by
opening the Run command and type : C:\Windows\SoftwareDistrinbution
· Select all the files of the folder and delete them.
· Again go to the Command Prompt and then type in the following commands:
· net start bits
· net start wuauserv
· Thereafter restart the PC and try to download Windows Updates again. This will restart your Software
Distribution folder and the Windows will re-download the files after fixing the error.
5. Reinstalling Windows 10
If none of the above steps work for you, there may be something wrong with your Windows 10 installation. You can try to reinstall your Windows 10 as that may get rid of any system errors such as 0x8024a105.